Family Law Section
Saturday, October 3
Via Zoom Webinar
The 2020 Child Custody Colloquium will address important issues in family law, focusing on the impact of Covid-19 on child custody.
Saturday, October 17
Via Zoom Webinar, Los Angeles, CA
NEW! Virtual Networking Meetings!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we are pleased to provide these
new virtual networking meetings!
LACBA Members can attend as many of the LACBA Networking meetings as they want and are encouraged to attend as many meetings as they can to build an effective referral network.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER
A Message From Outgoing Chair David Yamamoto:
It has been an honor and a pleasure to serve as the Chair for the Family Law Section of the Los Angeles County Bar for the fiscal year 2019/2020. I want to thank the officers members, liaisons, and past chairs of the Family Law Executive Committee for helping me chair this section.
I also want to thank our event director, Araceli Murillo. We couldn’t have done it without her support. We are in good hands with our incoming chair, Paula Kane.
COVID-19 and other events have presented serious challenges for all of us. We need to collaborate more than ever to help our families, clients, colleagues, and courts face these challenges now and in the future.
Our family court supervising judge, Judge Riff, and assistant supervising judge, Judge Kaufman, have been tireless in their efforts to educate us and make the family court as efficient and safe as possible under the circumstances. The Family Law Section officers and members have also stepped up to help us face the challenges of keeping our community informed and educated while moving into the world of virtual communication.
While my time as Chair has been challenging at times, I will always look back on it with fondness and I will always cherish the relationships that have been cultivated along the way.
Stay Safe and Well,
David Kunio Yamamoto
LACBA Flexcom Chair 2019/2020
New: Videos of our Free Webinars!
Managing Your Firm and Your Sanity During the Crisis, April 9, 2020
Effectively Managing Your Family Law Practice in a WFH (Work-from-Home) Environment, April 20, 2020
The Family Law Section is committed to:
- Educating section members.
- Drafting amicus briefs and proposing legislation.
- Encouraging ethical conduct.
- Developing and improving standards of practice.
- Encouraging and promoting pro bono opportunities.
- Providing a forum through which family law practitioners may cooperate with, encourage and assist each other in the resolution of problems and practice issues.
- Fostering communication between Los Angeles County Bar Association members and other groups.
What We Do
- Educate attorneys and the public
- Comment on proposed legislation and promulgate new legislation
- Work with judicial officers and court staff to improve the administration of justice
- Support organizations that provide free and low cost legal services
Click here for more photos!
2019 Family Law Installation Dinner