Business Law Section
Handout Materials from our Annual Meeting, June 25, 2020
Handout from Distressed M&A: Opportunities & Challenges in Key Industry Sectors,
A Presentation to LACBA's Business Law Section
Reasons to Join Our Section:
- Resources: Providing substantive legal resources in the areas of business, corporate and securities law to help enhance the members' professional abilities.
- Expertise/Access to Section Listserve. Providing the members with access to the knowledge and experience of other transactional attorneys through listserve for support and peer feedback.
- Business Law Newsletter: Publishing monthly newsletters featuring topical articles and information as well as updates to upcoming programs and events.
- Seminars: Seminars: Offering CLE programs focused on business, corporate and securities law and practical application to the transactional practice—at reduced prices to the
members- including the Annual Securities Regulation Seminar and Securities Enforcement
and Arbitration Program, which provide attendees the opportunity to hear from and speak
with high-level regulators.
- Corporate Counsel Roundtables: Programs that provide the opportunity for senior corporate counsel to discuss relevant topics and compelling issues in an environment conducive to frank conversations. Past topics include Cybersecurity Developments and Cyber Insurance and Prevention and Detection of Fraud.
- Webinars: From the comfort of your desk, learn about the latest legal developments,have the ability to ask questions and obtain MCLE credit! Webinars include our Annual Delaware and California Law Update and Changes to Professional Conduct Rules for Transactional Attorneys.
- Outstanding Corporate Counsel Award: An annual event to honor an outstanding member of the corporate legal community, which is a social high point for contact between corporate and outside counsel.
- The Institute for Corporate Counsel (ICC): Co-sponsored with the University of Southern California Law School, a nationally recognized legal education program, serving more than 500 business lawyers annually.
- Education: Making available copies of prior seminars in CD or tape format to allow the members to learn about relevant topics and receive CLE credit.
- Partner Discounts: Extending discounts/benefits from vendors for resources and services to the members in order to assist the members' legal practice.
- Networking/Support System: Providing opportunities to network and build relationships with other transactional attorneys.
- Legislative Activities: Monitoring and commenting on SEC, California Department of Corporations and other legislative and regulatory developments.
- Marvin Greene Distinguished Service Award: Providing a venue for peer recognition and honoring one individual each year who best exemplifies the leadership and contributions of Marvin Greene.