Business Law Section
Business and Corporations Law and Corporate Law Departments Sections Have Merged to Form NEW Business Law Section
We are excited to announce that the Business and Corporations Law Section and the Corporate Law Departments (CLD) Section have combined into one section called the Business Law Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association.
As a result of our merger, we are pleased that the following CLD members will be serving on the Executive Committee of the Business Law Section: Linda Barker, Lynne Brickner, Deborah S. Feinerman, Luz A. Lettiere, Charles E. Michaels, Lawrence A. Micholovich, Kathy PourSanae, Ed Summers, and Julie Xanders.
Plus, we are proud that June M. Baldwin, who has served as the Chair of the Corporate Law Departments Section, has agreed to serve as Vice Chair, Corporate Law Departments, of the Business Law Section.
The Business Law Section is committed to providing business law attorneys and in-house counsel with programs, resources, and information relative to their practices and their companies as well as opportunities to network and engage with others in the Los Angeles legal community. We will continue to provide outstanding webinars, events, and programs, including our Annual Securities Regulation Seminar, FINRA Arbitration and Enforcement series, and the California and Delaware Law Annual Update. In addition, we will offer programs that are particularly important to in-house counsel, including the General Counsel Roundtables and the Outstanding Corporate Counsel Awards Dinner. Together, our combined Executive Committee will seek to create more opportunities for our members to benefit from our diverse offerings.
If you are a member of both the Business and Corporations Law and Corporate Law Departments Sections and you’ve already paid your 2019 dues for both sections, you will receive a partial refund as part of the section merger. The refund will be automatic--no action is required on your part.
We are very excited about this new endeavor and look forward to a successful collaboration!
Katherine J. Blair, Chair
June Baldwin, Vice Chair, Corporate Law Departments
SAVE THE DATE
January 14, 2020
Business Law Section
Roundtable #2 - Cybersecurity
Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
Registration, Reception and Dinner: 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM
Program: 6:45 PM – 9:00 PM
Registration Open Soon
Reasons to Join Our Section:
- Resources: Providing substantive legal resources in the areas of business, corporate and securities law to help enhance the members' professional abilities.
- Expertise/Access to Section Listserve. Providing the members with access to the knowledge and experience of other transactional attorneys through listserve for support and peer feedback.
- Business Law Newsletter: Publishing monthly newsletters featuring topical articles and information as well as updates to upcoming programs and events.
- Seminars: Seminars: Offering CLE programs focused on business, corporate and securities law and practical application to the transactional practice—at reduced prices to the
members- including the Annual Securities Regulation Seminar and Securities Enforcement
and Arbitration Program, which provide attendees the opportunity to hear from and speak
with high-level regulators.
- Corporate Counsel Roundtables: Programs that provide the opportunity for senior corporate counsel to discuss relevant topics and compelling issues in an environment conducive to frank conversations. Past topics include Cybersecurity Developments and Cyber Insurance and Prevention and Detection of Fraud.
- Webinars: From the comfort of your desk, learn about the latest legal developments,have the ability to ask questions and obtain MCLE credit! Webinars include our Annual Delaware and California Law Update and Changes to Professional Conduct Rules for Transactional Attorneys.
- Outstanding Corporate Counsel Award: An annual event to honor an outstanding member of the corporate legal community, which is a social high point for contact between corporate and outside counsel.
- The Institute for Corporate Counsel (ICC): Co-sponsored with the University of Southern California Law School, a nationally recognized legal education program, serving more than 500 business lawyers annually.
- Education: Making available copies of prior seminars in CD or tape format to allow the members to learn about relevant topics and receive CLE credit.
- Partner Discounts: Extending discounts/benefits from vendors for resources and services to the members in order to assist the members' legal practice.
- Networking/Support System: Providing opportunities to network and build relationships with other transactional attorneys.
- Legislative Activities: Monitoring and commenting on SEC, California Department of Corporations and other legislative and regulatory developments.
- Marvin Greene Distinguished Service Award: Providing a venue for peer recognition and honoring one individual each year who best exemplifies the leadership and contributions of Marvin Greene.