Mediation Training Resources
- California Dispute Resolution Programs Act
California Evidence Codes
- California Evidence Code, sections 1115-1129
- California Evidence Code 703.5 and 1152
Ethical Codes for Mediators
- California Rules of Court, Division 8, Article 3, Chapter 2 of those Rules, Rule 3.850-Rule 3.860.
- Uniform Mediation Act
- AAA/ABA/ACR Model Standards of Conduct for Mediators
Case Law for Mediators
- Foxgate Homeowner’s Association vs. Bramalea California, Inc.; (July 2001) 26 Cal. 4th 1
- Rojas vs. Superior Court; (2004) 15 Cal. Rptr. 3d 643, 33 Cal. 4th 407
- Fair vs. Bakhtiari (December 14, 2006) 51 Cal. Rptr. 3d 871, 40 Cal. 4th 189
- Simmons vs. Ghaderi (July 21, 2008); 44 Cal. 4th 570
- Cassel vs. Superior Court; 2001 Cal. 4th 113, 119 Cal. Rptr. 3rd 437
Ethical Codes for Lawyers that affect them in Mediation
- State Bar Rule 2.30
- California Rules of Professional Conduct
For registration information about the 40-Hour Mediation Training Program, click here.
To learn more about LACBA’s Attorney-Client Mediation and Arbitration Service, click here.
Questions: ACMAS@lacba.org, (213) 896-6426.