Effective Date: March 11, 2019
Information You Provide
Please think carefully before making information public or using the app. You are solely responsible for information you make public or through the app.
Information Collected Automatically
- Log Information: Log information is data about your use of the Service, such as IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data, which is stored in log files.
- Information Collected by Tracking Technologies: Cookies, web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"), embedded scripts, and other tracking technologies now and hereafter developed (“Tracking Technologies”) may be used to collect information about your interactions with the Service or e-mails, including information about your browsing and activity behavior.
- Cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s device, which may be a session ID cookie or tracking cookie. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate the Service and expire when you close your browser. Tracking cookies help in understanding how you use the Service, and remain longer. The Service may associate some or all of these types of cookies with your devices. Cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time.
- Web Beacons (“Tracking Pixels”). Web beacons are small graphic images, also known as "internet tags" or "clear gifs," embedded in web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be used to count the number of visitors to the Service, to monitor how users navigate the Service, and to count content views.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service. It is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a third party with whom we work, is active only while you are connected to the Service, and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- App Technologies. There are a variety of tracking technologies that may be included in our apps, and these are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. For example, in the future our apps may include third party SDKs, which is code that sends information about your use to a server, and is in effect the app version of a pixel. These SDKs may in the future allow us track our conversions, bring you advertising both on and off the Service, and provide you with additional functionality, such as the ability to connect our Service with your social media account.
- Location Data and Location-Identifying Technologies. We collect data about your device’s location, which can be precise (e.g., latitude/longitude data) or imprecise (e.g., location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level). GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, and other location-aware technologies may be used to collect precise location data when you enable location-based services through your device. Location data may be used for purposes such as verifying your device’s location, in order that other LACBA members to know if you are located nearby, and for delivering or restricting relevant content and advertising based on that location.
Some information about your use of the Service and certain Third Party Services (defined below) may be collected using Tracking Technologies across time and services and used by us and third parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use, and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Service and certain Third Party Services.
For further information on Tracking Technologies and your choices regarding them, please see “Third Party Services, Features, and Devices” and “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Information from Other Sources
Use of Information
- Manage our Service, including your membership and account;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, process orders, and provide customer service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our Service, policies, and support and administrative messages;
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities;
- Conduct research, including focus groups and surveys;
- Improve the Service or other LACBA websites, applications, marketing efforts, products and services;
- Send you advertisements and communicate with you regarding our and third party products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events we think you may be interested in (for information about how to manage these communications and marketing efforts, please see “Your Rights and Choices” below); and
- Fulfill any other purpose disclosed at the time you provide Personal Information.
Sharing of Information
- To comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- To protect and defend the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Service or any third party;
- For purposes disclosed at the time you provide Personal Information; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
In addition, subject to the opt-out provision below, we will share with each LACBA Section Chair the names, email addresses and other professional contact information of each LACBA member whose address is located in the United States to allow the Chairs to communicate matters of interest to the Section members, including but not limited to marketing e-mails. If at any time you wish to opt out of this information sharing, please contact both (a) LACBA by sending an email to our member services department at firstname.lastname@example.org and (b) the relevant Section Chair(s).
Without limiting the foregoing, in our sole discretion, we may share aggregated information which does not identify you or de-identified information about you with third parties or affiliates for any purpose.
Third Party Services, Features, and Devices
Our Service contains content from and hyperlinks to websites, locations, platforms, and services operated and owned by third parties (“Third Party Services”). In addition, our Service contains features that allow you to interact with, connect to, or access our Service through certain Third Party Services and third party devices (“Third Party Features”). For example, you use a Third Party Feature when you “like” or “share” content over social media through our Service. Remember that third parties may use Tracking Technologies to independently collect information about you and may solicit Personal Information from you. Also, if you use a Third Party Feature, both we and the applicable third party may have access to and use information associated with your use of the Third Party Feature. If you publicly reference our Service on a Third Party Service (e.g., by using a hashtag associated with LACBA in a tweet or post), we may use your reference on or in connection with our Service.
Our Service also contains Tracking Technologies operated by third parties. For example, analytics services, such as Google Analytics, may use Tracking Technologies on our Service to help us analyze your use of the Service, compile statistic reports on the Service’s activity, and provide other services relating to Service activity and internet usage. Similarly, ad serving services, advertisers, and other third parties may use Tracking Technologies on our Service and Third Party Services to track your activities across time and services, and tailor ads to you based on your activities, which may include sending you an ad on a Third Party Service or third party device after you have left the Service (“Interest-based Advertising”).
For further information on Tracking Technologies and your choices regarding them, please see “Information Collected Automatically” above and "Your Rights and Choices" below.
Your Rights and Choices
Tracking Technologies Generally
Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Browsers offer different functionalities and options so you may need to set them separately.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove Tracking Technologies some parts of the Service may not work and that when you revisit the Service your ability to limit browser-based Tracking Technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Analytics and Advertising Tracking Technologies
You may exercise choices regarding receipt of Interest-based Advertising by submitting opt outs. Some of the advertisers and Service Providers that perform advertising-related services for us and our partners may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more about how you can exercise certain choices regarding Interest-based Advertising, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices, and http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices for information on the DAA’s opt out program for mobile apps. Some of these companies may also be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, seehttp://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
You may also limit our use of information collected from or about your mobile device for purposes of serving online behavioral advertising to you by going to your device settings and selecting “Limit Ad Tracking” (for iOS devices) or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (for Android devices).
Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt out of certain kinds of Interest-based Advertising, you may continue to receive other types of ads. Opting out only means that those selected members should no longer deliver certain Interest-based Advertising to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks). LACBA is not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
You can reset your device advertising Id at any time through your device settings, which is designed to allow you to limit the use of information collected about you. For information on how to do this on Apple devices, visit Apple.com or https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202074. For information on how to do this on Android devices, visit Google.com. You can stop all collection of information via an app by uninstalling the app.
The location data collected through an app depends on your device settings and app permissions. You can exercise choice over the location data collected through our apps by (i) for GPS data, disabling location in your device settings or disabling location permissions to that app; (ii) for Bluetooth data, disabling Bluetooth and any Bluetooth scanning option in your device settings; or (iii) for WiFi data, disabling WiFi and any WiFi scanning option in your device settings. You can stop collection of all location data via an app by uninstalling the app.
You can opt-out of receiving certain promotional e-mail communications from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in e-mails to click on the unsubscribe link, or contacting us email@example.com with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the e-mail. Please note that your opt-out is limited to the e-mail address used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions or, for e-mails, non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or LACBA’s ongoing business relations. If you have opted-in to receive push notification on your device, you can opt-out at any time by adjusting the permissions in your device or uninstalling our app.
Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law permits customers in California to request certain details about how certain types of their information are shared with third parties and, in some cases, affiliates, for those third parties’ and affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business should either provide California customers certain information upon request or permit California customers to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing.
As noted above, LACBA shares personal information as defined by California’s “Shine the Light” law with LACBA Section Chairs for such Section Chairs’ own direct marketing purposes. If at any time you wish to opt out of this information sharing, please contact both (a) LACBA by sending an email to our member services department at firstname.lastname@example.org and (b) the relevant Section Chair(s);
If you wish to obtain information about our compliance with this law, please e-mail us at email@example.com or send us a letter to 1055 W. 7th Street, Suite 2700, Los Angeles, CA 90017. Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that LACBA is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided e-mail address or mail address.
Children. The Service is intended for a general audience and not directed to children under thirteen (13) years of age. LACBA does not knowingly collect personal information as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) in a manner that is not permitted by COPPA. If you are a parent or guardian and believe LACBA has collected such information in a manner not permitted by COPPA, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a letter to 1055 W. 7th Street, Suite 2700, Los Angeles, CA 90017, and we will remove such data to the extent required by COPPA.
Data Security. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through our Service.
Applicable Law and Contact Information. If you choose to visit LACBA.org, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice, including application of the law of the state of California. If you have any concern about privacy at LACBA.org, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Following is our contact information:
1055 W. 7th Street, Suite 2700
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Phone: (213) 627-2727