Dedicated to facilitating full and equal participation in the legal profession by members of communities that historically have been underrepresented, including, but not limited to racial and ethnic minorities, lesbians, gay men, bisexuals and transgender (LGBT) people, the differently-abled and women. Focused on increasing the number of these attorneys and committed to promoting the advancement and retention of these attorneys in all areas of the legal profession. Serves as a forum for dialogue, supports collaboration on promoting diversity in the legal profession, and strongly encourages community service.
Los Angeles Law Firms/Legal Departments that have Proudly Adopted LACBA's
Pledge to Promote Diversity in the Legal Profession:
Crowell & Moring LLP
For more information on adopting LACBA's Diversity Pledge, please contact Saundra Wootton.
Kutak Rock LLP
Latham & Watkins LLP
Loeb & Loeb LLP
Murchison & Cumming LLP
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe, LLP
Pepper Hamilton LLP
Sacks, Glazier, Franklin & Lodise
Tredway Lumsdaine & Doyle LLP
The mission of the LACBA Diversity in the Profession Committee is to:
- Increase the number of historically underrepresented people of color, LGBT people, people with disabilities and women at all stages of the pipeline (from college, to law schools, clerkships, firms, partnerships, and judgeships).
- Provide networking opportunities for diverse law students, attorneys, and judges.
- Serve the diverse legal community of Los Angeles County through education and outreach.
- Provide resources to support law firms and legal departments in their own diversity and outreach efforts.
- Support and promote policies that encourage greater diversity in law firms and legal departments.
- Promote mentoring through all stages of the pipeline.
- Facilitate and encourage the recruitment and retention of diverse attorneys in law firms and legal departments.
- Encourage the promotion of diverse attorneys to positions of management, leadership, and ownership in law firms and legal departments.