The Los Angeles County Bar Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package. The Human Resources Department will list on this page vacancies in all departments of the Los Angeles County Bar Association. Unless otherwise indicated, resumes may be mailed to email@example.com.
—No Telephone Inquiries Please—
Equal Opportunity Employer
FORENSIC SOCIAL WORKER
The Office of the Los Angeles County Independent Juvenile Defender Program (IJDP) at the Los Angeles County Bar Association is accepting applications for a forensic social worker. The IJDP is a nationally recognized, award-winning program of the Los Angeles County Bar Association providing legal representation for youth charged with crimes in the Los Angeles County juvenile delinquency system. In addition to coordinating legal representation, the IJDP provides legal support, training and assessments for attorneys working with our program.
The Forensic Social Worker will conduct comprehensive bio-psychosocial assessments and case management for IJDP clients. Applicants should have experience in the juvenile delinquency system and a working understanding of service providers and the juvenile entitlement landscape in Los Angeles County.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Clinical assessment; intervention; rehabilitation; sentencing and resource recommendations,
- Advocacy on behalf of youth represented by the IJDP,
- Case management.
- Licensed clinical social workers preferred but we will consider MSWs who are working towards licensure,
- Experience working with or supervising graduate students and/or working with attorneys is preferred,
- Working knowledge of delinquency and dependency system in Los Angeles; extensive knowledge of Los Angeles community resources and network of services for at-risk youths and their families,
- Proven commitment to serving at-risk youth,
- Exemplary communication and advocacy skills required,
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word and Excel,
- Spanish fluency strongly preferred.
The LACBA is one of the largest voluntary metropolitan bar associations in the country. We provide a comprehensive employee benefits package in addition to a competitive salary determined by the candidate’s qualifications.
Please email a resume, writing sample and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the IJDP, please go to: www.lacba.org/ijdp.
For additional employment opportunities in the legal profession, please go to the Legal Career Center powered by Web Scribble, click here.