The Los Angeles County Bar Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package. The Human Resources Department will list on this page vacancies in all departments of the Los Angeles County Bar Association. Unless otherwise indicated, resumes may be mailed to email@example.com.
—No Telephone Inquiries Please—
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Office of the Los Angeles County Independent Juvenile Defender Program (IJDP) at the Los Angeles County Bar Association is accepting applications for a data specialist/program coordinator. The IJDP is a nationally recognized, award-winning program of the Los Angeles County Bar Association providing legal representation for youth charged with crimes in the juvenile delinquency system in Los Angeles County. In addition to coordinating legal representation, the IJDP provides legal support, training and assessments for attorneys working with our program.
The IJDP is looking for energetic, responsible self-starters who work well in a team environment with an interest in social justice and/or criminal justice reform. Applicants should be comfortable speaking professionally with court personnel, attorneys, clients, and their families. Spanish fluency is a plus, but not required. Applicants must be familiar with Adobe, the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word and Excel.
Successful candidates will have received a minimum of a bachelor’s degree with a strong statistics or analytical background. Graduate students are also welcome to apply. In addition, candidates should have strong oral and written communication skills and a background in databases and data analysis and/or willingness to learn. Duties range from secretarial to office administration and drafting content.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as court liaison,
- Ensure attorneys are present at their designated court,
- Responsible for data collection and entry,
- Responsible for maintaining the case management system and troubleshooting.
Knowledge, Skills and Responsibilities
- B.A. from accredited 4-year college/university
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel,
- Familiar with Adobe,
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and either a facility for data analysis or a willingness to learn,
- Superior written and oral communication skills,
- Demonstrated high degree of professionalism and comfort speaking with court personnel, attorneys, clients and their families.
We provide a comprehensive employee benefits package in addition to a competitive salary determined by the candidate’s qualifications.
Please email a resume, writing sample and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the IJDP, please go to: www.lacba.org/ijdp
April 8, 2021
Call Center Interviewer/Telecommuter – Bilingual
A Call Center Interviewer is responsible for interviewing callers to determine whether a caller has a legal problem that can be referred to an attorney. The Interviewer asks substantive questions that are specific to the caller's type of legal problem. Interviewers also provide procedural information to explain what the caller can expect when a referral is made. The Interviewer must give practical, useful information to callers about how to effectively hire and work with attorneys, and how to facilitate resolution of their concern or problem, without giving legal advice. Quickly and efficiently, Interviewers analyze facts in a high call volume setting.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Make sound decisions
- Demonstrates patience, energy and maturity on a consistent basis
- Refer available attorneys based on caller needs and within the framework
of a rotation system
- Understand and apply LRS policies and procedures
- Follow state law standards, in making referrals
- Call attorneys to report the key details and make an appointment for the client
- Responsible for the daily entry and processing of data needed to complete a referral
- Correctly documents all pertinent referral information(record concise and accurate notes for each referral)
- Follow-up on all referrals
- Meet current performance standards
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Must be a team player
- Work experience in a high- volume call center is preferred
- Requires strong customer service (i.e., communication and public relations) skill to receive and covey information clearly and concisely
- Ability to deal politely yet firmly with callers and exhibiting good judgment without being judgmental
- Must be able to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Strong computer skills including all Microsoft Office applications and the
LRS Referral Service software is required
- Bilingual English/Spanish, other languages a plus
All training will be provided on the job. All technical equipment will be provided.
Work-from-home telecommuting required. Must live in Los Angeles County.
Competitive salary, excellent benefits. No phone inquiries. EOE.
Please email resumes to: email@example.com
March 17, 2021
For additional employment opportunities in the legal profession, please go to the Legal Career Center powered by Web Scribble, click here.