The Los Angeles County Bar Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package. The Human Resources Department will list on this page vacancies in all departments of the Los Angeles County Bar Association. Unless otherwise indicated, resumes may be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
—No Telephone Inquiries Please—
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Issued/Date Revised: January 24, 2018
Salary: $50,000-$70,000 depending upon experience
General Job Summary:
The Graphic Designer will analyze, plan and create visual solutions for LACBA's many operations. This will be accomplished through applying specialized techniques within various forms of media, from website design to corporate branding. This will include both print and electronic versions. The designer will create event graphics, ad campaigns, and designs for magazines and websites. The designer will incorporate our branding design, as well as create visual solutions.
- Solve visual problems and challenges in a creative way
- Illustrate concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style and related aesthetic concepts
- Obtain approval of concept by submitting rough layout
- Complete projects by coordinating with staff, outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Logo design, banner ads, invitations, signs and decorations for events
- Resize and edit graphics
- Manage and maintain graphic library
- Bachelor of Arts degree in graphic design or related field
- At least five to seven years of graphic design experience
- Experience with Adobe Suite
- Knowledge about design elements, color and composition
- Presentation skills
- Proficient on both PC and MAC
- CSS skills preferred
- Basic Flash skills preferred
- Artistic sensibility
- Layout skills
- Creativity, flexibility
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of current design software, laser printers, graphic tablets and scanners
- Agency experience helpful
- Team player—ability to prioritize, work with multiple departments simultaneously
To apply for this position please send your letter and resume to email@example.com
Job Title: Meeting & Events Specialist
This position serves as the liaison for multiple internal client groups within the Los Angeles County Bar Association, with primary responsibility for the budgeting, planning, logistics and management of a high volume of programs and events for those client groups.
This position has three general areas of responsibility:
- Acts as primary staff liaison to multiple internal client groups (such as Sections, Committees, other volunteer groups, or other Association Projects), including planning and oversight of most group events and other activities.
- Acts as project manager for one or more of the general association’s large-scale annual programs and events, including budget responsibility.
- Acts as an integrated team member in the Events, Multimedia, and CLE Department, with consistent and successful participation in meeting departmental goals and procedures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all creative and operational aspects of event development and production, including goals, objectives, and outcomes
- Create, manage and be accountable for event budgets and exhibit sound fiscal judgment.
- Monitors other (non-event related) expenditures and financial operations for the assigned groups or projects to ensure compliance with the Association policies and guidelines.
- Prepares production schedules and timetables for programs and events.
- Works cooperatively with volunteers and other Association staff to plan, organize and support programs and events, including on-site support, as needed.
- Develops, produces and implements event marketing strategies and marketing collateral -- i.e., brochures, e-bursts, ads, etc.
- Under supervision of department’s operations manager and sr. manager of events, negotiates with outside vendors for hotel services, catering services, and audio-visual services.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- BA or BS degree is strongly preferred. Equivalent experience in event planning and/or project management may be considered.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in Event Production or Event Marketing.
- Strong interpersonal, and communication skills, both oral and written, are essential.
- Consistently diplomatic, professional, and solution-focused
- Service oriented, with strong organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Candidate must be computer literate, able to successfully handle multiple priorities, and have experience managing project budgets.
- Demonstrated skills in organization, analysis and problem solving.
- Must be able to work some weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Meeting and event specialists must have the ability to travel to off-site locations for program staffing -- i.e., car.
Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional employment opportunities in the legal profession, please go to the Legal Career Center powered by Association Career Network, click here