The Los Angeles County Bar Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package. The Human Resources Department will list on this page vacancies in all departments of the Los Angeles County Bar Association. Unless otherwise indicated, resumes may be mailed to email@example.com.
—No Telephone Inquiries Please—
Equal Opportunity Employer
Los Angeles County Bar Association/Counsel for Justice
DIRECTOR, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE LEGAL SERVICES PROJECT
March 2, 2021
Under the direction of the LACBA Executive Director, the Director will carry out the policies and programs of the Domestic Violence Legal Services Project (DVP). This includes assistance, using legal volunteers, to victims of domestic violence in the Superior Courthouse and Family Justice Center. The position works closely with other legal organizations, nonprofits, law firms, and government entities.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create, implement, and oversee policies and procedures of the day to day operation of the DVP
- Supervision of DVP staff and volunteers
- Collaborate with community partners
- Draft project budget and oversee financial operations
- Develop and monitor grants and other fundraising efforts and ensure all contract compliance including regular reporting requirements
- Report on DVP activities, fundraising, and financials to LACBA and CFJ Board of Directors
- Direct the recruitment, training, and oversight of pro bono attorneys, law firms, students, and other volunteers
- Cultivate new partnerships and relationships within the legal community, business community, other non-profits, civic and social groups to expand awareness of LACBA and the DVP
- Implement all pro bono recognition efforts within the community, including social media, to promote volunteer accomplishments
- Make public presentations at meetings, conferences, and workshops
- Serve as the liaison with the Superior Court and City of Los Angeles
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree required with 7 years of administrative management experience in a nonprofit organization
- Minimum 3 years of Grant writing experience
- 3-5 years of fundraising experience
- Proven organizational leadership including administrative experience, financial management, human resources, strategic planning, and volunteer management
- Experience and comfort with public speaking, writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience with partnership building with various types of organizations, nonprofits, and government entities
- Experience and demonstrated effectiveness in supervision of operations, volunteers, and personnel in a legal project environment
- Strong computer skills, including all Microsoft Office applications and basic workstation skills
- Experience with basic social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Domestic Violence experience.
- City Contract management experience
- Ability to work independently at various locations
Competitive salary, excellent benefits. Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone inquiries. EOE.
Director of Operations and Director of Administration
February 8, 2021
Under the direction of the Director of Operations and Director of Administration, the Marketing Manager promotes the Association’s brand and services, develops and executes marketing campaigns, and identifies new business leads. The Manager will manage outsourced projects with agencies and association partners. The Manager will be comfortable with day-to-day marketing activities, as well as long-term strategy, thriving with tight deadlines and changing needs. This position is fully remote in Los Angeles County.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties of the Marketing Manager will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develops various marketing/communication tactical plans to advance brand identity; broaden awareness of our programs and services; increase membership; increase member retention; and increase product sales
- Collaborates with other departments to develop marketing and messaging, member segmentation strategies and identifies opportunities to grow and engage members
- Identifies challenges and emerging issues faced by the Association and its members; work with key staff/volunteers/leadership to recognize internal and external communications/collaboration opportunities
- Coordinates with the web services department in managing social media strategies and execution
- Works with the Marketing Agency to develop and execute public relations and communications strategies
- Manages branding (logo, amenities, signage, publications, press releases etc.) to ensure consistency, professionalism, and branding standards
- Creates, maintains, and conducts analytic reporting across multiple marketing platforms and translates data into actionable insights to assess against goals and for future campaign development and go-to-market strategies, complete with formal proposals and recommendations on tactics; collaborates with internal teams to implement the appropriate actions and improve strategies as needed
- Tracks all marketing and sales data and creates detailed written reports and verbal presentations to bring to senior executives; presents monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to senior management
- Builds and maintains strategic relationships with affinity partners and other vendors
- Generates new business leads
- Works within the department budget to develop cost-effective marketing plans
- Researches and analyzes market trends, demographics, pricing schedules, competitor products, and other relevant information, participates in education opportunities and attends events to form marketing strategies
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or a Related Field
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience as a marketing manager preferably in an association management environment
- Extensive knowledge of marketing strategies, channels, and branding
- Up to date with trends, best practices in current and emerging social media platforms, and tools to measure engagement
- Proven experience designing interactive applications and networking platforms
- Experience identifying market demographics and creatively devise effective marketing campaigns
- Metrics-driven marketing mind with eye for creativity
- An understanding of legal trends and monitoring of competitive activities to identify new marketing opportunities
- Superb leadership, communication, and collaboration abilities
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective project management skills and interest in process improvement
- Acute attention to detail
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and related collaborative technologies, such as Podcasting and ability and willingness to learn new software and programs as required
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Graphic design skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of Constant Contact (preferred, but not required)
- Familiarity with and experience in the legal profession a plus
The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties, responsibilities and requirements of the job described. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
FORENSIC SOCIAL WORKER
The Office of the Los Angeles County Independent Juvenile Defender Program (IJDP) at the Los Angeles County Bar Association is accepting applications for a forensic social worker. The IJDP is a nationally recognized, award-winning program of the Los Angeles County Bar Association providing legal representation for youth charged with crimes in the Los Angeles County juvenile delinquency system. In addition to coordinating legal representation, the IJDP provides legal support, training and assessments for attorneys working with our program.
The Forensic Social Worker will conduct comprehensive bio-psychosocial assessments and case management for IJDP clients. Applicants should have experience in the juvenile delinquency system and a working understanding of service providers and the juvenile entitlement landscape in Los Angeles County.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Clinical assessment; intervention; rehabilitation; sentencing and resource recommendations,
- Advocacy on behalf of youth represented by the IJDP,
- Case management.
- Licensed clinical social workers preferred but we will consider MSWs who are working towards licensure,
- Experience working with or supervising graduate students and/or working with attorneys is preferred,
- Working knowledge of delinquency and dependency system in Los Angeles; extensive knowledge of Los Angeles community resources and network of services for at-risk youths and their families,
- Proven commitment to serving at-risk youth,
- Exemplary communication and advocacy skills required,
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word and Excel,
- Spanish fluency strongly preferred.
The LACBA is one of the largest voluntary metropolitan bar associations in the country. We provide a comprehensive employee benefits package in addition to a competitive salary determined by the candidate’s qualifications.
Please email a resume, writing sample and cover letter to email@example.com.
For more information about the IJDP, please go to: www.lacba.org/ijdp.
For additional employment opportunities in the legal profession, please go to the Legal Career Center powered by Web Scribble, click here.