OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF THE
LOS ANGELES COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION
ADOPTED JANUARY 24, 2018
The Board of Trustees resolves that LACBA adopt the new Sections Procedures to read as follows:
- All sections may do programs as they see fit.
- We don’t discriminate based on the size or the profitability of any section program.
- Sections are only required to break even annually – not on a per program basis. *
- Sections run with their programs as they wish.
- Sections may want to use staff or not. **
- Sections are free to select their own time and date for programs. Section shall put their programs into the LACBA events program calendar, which the LACBA will put online.
- Sections may create their own promotional materials with no specific or required format.
- Sections may obtain their own sponsors in addition to those of the LACBA.
- Sections may, as practical, request that the Staff send out promotional materials within a few days of receiving them from a Section and the staff will send out the materials as soon as reasonably possible.
- Chair and Chair-Elects shall have access to any financial information they deem necessary and distribute as they see appropriate.
* If Section does not break even, they must make it up the following year.
** If a Section uses staff, the cost charged are all direct costs. The Corporate Law Departments Section, Senior Lawyers Section and Council of Sections recently adopted this policy.