OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF THE
LOS ANGELES COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION
Amended May 23, 2018
(Amends Los Angeles County Bar Association Resolution Adopted September 9, 1981
establishing standing rules regarding executive session.)
RESOLVED, that the Standing Rules of Procedure Regarding Executive Session shall be amended to restate and replace the existing rules as follows:
- The following matters shall be heard in executive session to protect privileged information and matters of a private nature.
- Contemplated or pending litigation.
- Disciplinary hearings regarding a member.
- Personnel issues.
- Discussion of delinquent payment plans requested by members.
- Executive session meetings may be held by any of the following methods: in person, by email, by telephone or video conference, by unanimous written consent.
- Executive sessions may be attended by directors, officers, the association’s attorneys, members subject to disciplinary hearings, recording secretary, and others invited by the board such as vendors with pending proposals.
- Executive sessions may be called by the officers or two members of the board of trustees.
- Notice of executive session is to be given with notice of a meeting of the board if held at the same time. Notice of the executive session must contain an agenda for the meeting. Minutes of the executive session must be kept.
- Information gained in an executive session is confidential. Members who violate the confidential nature of information gained in an executive session may be subject to censure.