Outstanding Jurist Award
Nomination Submission Deadline is February 9, 2022.
The Outstanding Jurist Award, one of LACBA’s most prestigious awards, was established in 1979. The award is viewed as recognition of a distinguished career on the bench as well as for contributions to the community and the practice of law.
A candidate must be a current state or federal judicial officer in Los Angeles County, or have been retired or elevated from such a position during the two-year period prior to the Outstanding Jurist Award Committee’s meeting in early-March of 2020. The following factors should be considered when submitting a nomination:
- Judicial ability and experience
- Judicial temperament and demeanor
- Knowledge of the law, legal ability, and scholarship
- Dedication and diligence
- Contribution to the improvement or education of the legal community
- Contribution to the community at large
- Contribution to the practice of law
- Judicial independence, integrity, and fairness
Outstanding Jurist Award Criteria
History of Award Recipients
We accept nominations from LACBA members only. To submit your nomination, please visit our Award Nomination Page.