Outstanding Jurist Award
Nominations Now Open through February 20, 2020
The Outstanding Jurist Award, one of LACBA’s most prestigious awards, will be presented at the 2020 LACBA Installation & Awards Dinner in June. Established in 1979, the award is viewed as recognition of a distinguished career on the bench as well as for contributions to the community and the practice of law.
A candidate must be a current state or federal judicial officer in Los Angeles County, or have been retired or elevated from such a position during the two-year period prior to the Outstanding Jurist Award Committee’s meeting in early-March of 2020. The following factors should be considered when submitting a nomination:
- Judicial ability and experience
- Judicial temperament and demeanor
- Knowledge of the law, legal ability, and scholarship
- Dedication and diligence
- Contribution to the improvement or education of the legal community
- Contribution to the community at large
- Contribution to the practice of law
- Judicial independence, integrity, and fairness
Click here for more information and to see the award criteria.
To submit your nomination, we accept nominations from LACBA members only, please visit our Award Nomination Page.