1. Resources: Providing substantive legal resources in the areas of business, corporate and securities law to help enhance the members' professional abilities.
2. Expertise/Access to Section Listserve. Providing the members with access to the knowledge and experience of other transactional attorneys through listserve for support and peer feedback.
3. Business Law Update: Publishing newsletters featuring articles written by transactional attorneys on topical issues.
4. Pro Bono Initiative: Assisting the members to identify transactional Pro Bono service opportunities through its collaboration with local non-profit and community service organizations.
5. Seminars: Offering CLE programs focused on business, corporate and securities law and practical application to the transactional practice -- at reduced prices to the members.
6. Education: Making available copies of prior seminars in CD or tape format to allow the members to learn about relevant topics and receive CLE credit.
7. Partner Discounts: Extending discounts/benefits from vendors for resources and services to the members in order to assist the members' legal practice.
8. Networking/Support System: Providing opportunities to network and build relationships with other transactional attorneys.
9. Legislative Activities: Monitoring and commenting on SEC, California Department of Corporations and other legislative and regulatory developments.
10. Marvin Greene Distinguished Service Award: Providing a venue for peer recognition and honoring one individual each year who best exemplifies the leadership and contributions of Marvin Greene.
Join the Business & Corporations Law Section
Return to Business & Corporations Law Section Main Page