Interactive E- Mail Parameters
- Initially limited to Department 11 matters.
A. To alert the Probate Attorney, who prepared the notes, that a document( s) was filed that should clear the notes;
- To request a continuance or change a recommended continuance date;
- Request authority to file " clearing document" with Attorney Order. Filing of such documents will be allowed in the discretion of the Probate Attorney. Examples of such documents are as follows:
- FTB Income Tax Certificate;
- Waiver of notice/special notice or withdrawal of request for special notice;
- Waiver of account;
- Consent to act;
- PC 8800d cert filed;
- Bank letters and if required, reconciliation;
- Certified Copies of letters for personal representative;
- Waiver of notice of proposed action.
3. To ask a question(s) regarding a specific defect(s) or issue(s).
III. E-Mail must be directed to the address appearing at the end of the probate notes.
IV. E-Mail inquiries shall be may be made only after reviewing the calendar notes, shall contain the following information and conform to the sample displayed below:
1. General identifying information:
1. Hearing Date;
3. Case Number;
4. Case Name;
5. Calendar Number;
6. Title of Calendar Matter.
2. A reply telephone number;
3. Information to address defects or issues:
1. Specific reference to defect or issue;
2. E-Mail message shall not exceed:
a. Two lines as to each defect or issue;
b. Total E-Mail message shall not exceed 2 pages;
c. Limited to only 1 E-Mail message per calendar matter per hearing date.
4. Information intended to advise the Probate Attorney documents were filed that should clear probate notes. That message should include:
Title of document(s);
- Date(s) of filing
5. E-Mail is not intended to substitute for a supplement or other document for purposes of clearing probate notes and shall not include any attachments.
6. E-Mail messages will not be reviewed if received after 2:00 p.m. second calendar day preceding the scheduled hearing day.
7. E-Mail that does not comply with III, IV & V above will be rejected without review.
Sample E-Mail Message