The Los Angeles County Bar Association provides members with access to the best insurance products available by using the buying power of more than 21,000 members. The value and quality of our insurance products simply cannot be obtained through any other source. With professional liability insurance for attorneys provided by the AHERN Insurance Brokerage as well as other insurance products provided by Insurance Specialists, Inc. and Mercury Insurance, a full line of insurance products has been designed to meet the professional and personal insurance needs of LACBA members.
Professional Liability Insurance
AHERN Insurance Brokerage is the preferred professional liability insurance broker of LACBA. With AHERN, LACBA members will have the benefit of a valued consultant and professional liability insurance advocate. AHERN is prepared to provide your firm with superior service and exceptional counsel regarding the professional liability insurance needs of your firm. To obtain a proposal for coverage, please complete the application or contact a specialist at (800) 282-9786 and dial 0.
Business Insurance Programs
"Protect your most valuable assets–your employees."
AHERN now provides LACBA members with General Liability, Property and Workers' Compensation through The Hartford (an Admitted Carrier rated "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best).
• LACBA Member Discounted Rates
• Workers' Compensation Assistance Programs
• Specialized Coverage Enhancements for Law Firms
• 24 Hours Claims Reporting
• Business Income/Extra Expense–12 month Actual Loss Sustained
When purchasing the General Liability and Workers' Compensation policies from The Hartford, LACBA members will be eligible to receive an additional 5% premium credit (minimum premiums apply). For more information on The Hartford programs, please contact Summer Gorsica at (800) 282-9786 ext. 116 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For a quote on Workers' Compensation or General Liability Insurance, please submit an online application.
AHERN Insurance Brokerage–Employment Practices Liability Insurance
AHERN Insurance Brokerage now provides LACBA members with Employment Practices Liability Insurance (wrongful termination, discrimination, and sexual harassment coverage) through Berkley Insurance Company, an Admitted Carrier with a rating of "A+" (SUPERIOR) by A.M. Best.
Program highlights include:
• Proprietary coverage enhancements for LACBA members
• LACBA Premium discounts available
• $150,000 additional claims expense limit
• Favorable consent to settlement provisions
• Third party coverage included
• Risk Management Program to include the following:
• Risk Management Web site, MyHRHelp
• Employment Helpline
• Employment Law Updates Newsletter
Additional Policy Enhancements:
• Social Media coverage–included sublimit for defamation, libel, and invasion of privacy against a third party resulting from the use of social media, and expands definition of "wrongful act" to include workplace bullying
• Privacy Violation coverage–covers employers for liabilities they may incur in the event of a loss or theft of employee personal information
• Employment Event Coverage–provides employers with a sublimit to cover the cost of hiring a public relations firm, security firm, or mental health professionals to cope with the aftermath of layoffs, public allegations of harassment, or workplace disaster.
For more information on the Berkley Insurance Company EPL program, please contact Kelley L. Milks at (800) 282-9786 or e-mail her at email@example.com. Alternatively, click here to complete an online application.
Major Medical, Accident and Disability, Long Term Care and Term Life Insurance Plans
ISI PACIFIC (ISI), a subsidiary of INSURANCE SPECIALISTS, INC., serves as the Preferred Provider for the above LACBA Insurance Plans. Members may access these Association products at discounted rates, often offsetting the costs of Membership Dues. The Plans offer simplified underwriting, shortened applications, and enhanced benefits. New Members, upon application, are eligible to receive up to $100,000 in Guaranteed Issue Life Insurance. Additionally all Members are routinely made aware of quarterly special offers.
All products are underwritten by top rated carriers with both group and individual offerings. Most coverages are extended not only to Members, but to their spouses, employees, and eligible family members as well.
ISI has administered insurance programs for professional associations since 1959. Its motto- Service, Strength, Security- guides its experienced staff in personalized assistance to LACBA Members.
To learn more about this valuable Member Benefit:
Contact ISI PACIFIC at:
1-888-ISI-1959 or (888) 474-1959
1 Savings information based on 2014 CA Department of Insurance rate comparison profile 38A. Individual savings may vary.
Auto and Home Owner Insurance
LACBA members receive up to a 10% discount on top of Mercury's already low auto insurance rates. That's a pretty good deal, especially when you consider Mercury customers save an average of $3911 when they switch to Mercury! Plus, you could save up to 15% more when you purchase auto and homeowners policies together. Mercury's low rates are just the beginning, however, because when you choose Mercury you'll also get the peace of mind that comes from knowing you are protected by a company Forbes recently named as one of America's most trustworthy companies. And you'll also get some great benefits, too, like repairs guaranteed for life2, 24/7 claims reporting, online repair tracking, and personalized service and expert advice from your own local agent. It's all part of the package.
2 When repairs are completed by a Mercury authorized direct repair facility