The Los Angeles County Bar Association provides members with access to the best insurance products available by using the buying power of more than 21,000 members. The value and quality of our insurance products simply cannot be obtained through any other source. With professional liability insurance for attorneys provided by the Ahern Insurance Brokerage as well as other insurance products provided by Insurance Specialists, Inc.; Mercury Insurance; and Wealth Consulting Group Los Angeles, a full line of insurance products has been designed to meet the professional and personal insurance needs of LACBA members.
Professional Liability Insurance
AHERN Insurance Brokerage is the preferred professional liability insurance broker of LACBA. With AHERN, LACBA members will have the benefit of a valued consultant and professional liability insurance advocate. AHERN is prepared to provide your firm with superior service and exceptional counsel regarding the professional liability insurance needs of your firm. To obtain a proposal for coverage, please complete the application or contact a specialist at (800) 282-9786 and dial 0.
Business Insurance Programs
"Protect your most valuable assets–your employees."
AHERN now provides LACBA members with General Liability, Property and Workers' Compensation through The Hartford Insurance Company (an Admitted Carrier rated "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best).
• LACBA Member Discounted Rates
• Workers' Compensation Assistance Programs
• Specialized Coverage Enhancements for Law Firms
• 24 Hours Claims Reporting
• Business Income/Extra Expense–12 month Actual Loss Sustained
When purchasing the General Liability and Workers' Compensation policies from The Hartford, LACBA members will be eligible to receive an additional 5% premium credit (minimum premiums apply). For more information on The Hartford programs, please contact Summer Gorsica at (800) 282-9786 ext. 116 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For a quote on Workers' Compensation or General Liability Insurance, please submit an online application.
AHERN Insurance Brokerage–Employment Practices Liability Insurance
AHERN Insurance Brokerage now provides LACBA members with Employment Practices Liability Insurance (wrongful termination, discrimination, and sexual harassment coverage) through Carolina Casualty Insurance Company, an Admitted Carrier with a rating of "A+" (SUPERIOR) by A.M. Best.
Program highlights include:
• Proprietary coverage enhancements for LACBA members
• LACBA Premium discounts available
• $150,000 additional claims expense limit
• $250,000 defense sublimit for claims involving breach of contract disputes
• Favorable consent to settlement provisions
• Third party coverage included
• Risk Management Program to include the following:
• Risk Management Web site, MyHRHelp
• Employment Helpline
• Employment Law Updates Newsletter
Additional Policy Enhancements:
• New Social Media coverage–included sublimit for defamation, libel, and invasion of privacy against a third party resulting from the use of social media, and expands definition of "wrongful act" to include workplace bullying
• Privacy Violation coverage–covers employers for liabilities they may incur in the event of a loss or theft of employee personal information
• Employment Event Coverage–provides employers with a sublimit to cover the cost of hiring a public relations firm, security firm, or mental health professionals to cope with the aftermath of layoffs, public allegations of harassment, or workplace disaster.
For more information on the Carolina EPL program, please contact Ellen M. Ahern at (858) 514-7103 or e-mail her at email@example.com. Alternatively, click here to complete an online application.
Major Medical, Accident and Disability, Long Term Care and Term Life Insurance Plans
ISI PACIFIC (ISI), a subsidiary of INSURANCE SPECIALISTS, INC., serves as the Preferred Provider for the above LACBA Insurance Plans. Members may access these Association products at discounted rates, often offsetting the costs of Membership Dues. The Plans offer simplified underwriting, shortened applications, and enhanced benefits. New Members, upon application, are eligible to receive up to $100,000 in Guaranteed Issue Life Insurance. Additionally all Members are routinely made aware of quarterly special offers.
All products are underwritten by top rated carriers with both group and individual offerings. Most coverages are extended not only to Members, but to their spouses, employees, and eligible family members as well.
ISI has administered insurance programs for professional associations since 1959. Its motto- Service, Strength, Security- guides its experienced staff in personalized assistance to LACBA Members.
To learn more about this valuable Member Benefit:
Contact ISI PACIFIC at:
1-888-ISI-1959 or (888) 474-1959
Auto and Homeowner Insurance
Save 10% and more! Mercury Insurance offers LACBA members up to a 10% rate discount on top of Mercury's already low auto insurance rates. And, when you combine your auto policy with your homeowner policy, you could save you up to an additional 15%.
California drivers save an average of $473 a year with Mercury. (Savings information based on 2011 CA Department of Insurance rate comparison profile 38A. Individual savings may vary.) This is just one of the reasons why 96% of its customers choose to renew with Mercury.
24-hour Roadside Assistance Included! (Roadside assistance included with the purchase of collision coverage.) That means you don't need to join a club to get 24-hour protection.
With Mercury Insurance, you are not a number. You'll get personalized attention and expert service from your very own local agent, who will work closely with you to create a personalized protection plan to meet your needs.
Discounts (subject to qualification requirements)
• Good Driver
• Good Student
• Auto+Home: Save up to 15% more when you insure your auto and home together
• Roadside Assistance (included with the purchase of collision coverage)
• Repairs Guaranteed for Life (Repairs completed by a Mercury-authorized repair facility are guaranteed for as long as you own the vehicle.)
• 24/7 Claims Reporting
• Online Repair Tracking
• Personalized Service and Expert Advice from Your Own Local Agent
• A+ Rating from A.M. Best and Standard & Poor's
For complete details, please go to www.mercuryinsurance.com/lacba or call (866) 989-6555.
Multi-Life Disability Income and Long Term Care Insurance Plans
WCGLA offers LACBA members discounts including up to 25% on individual and multi-life disability income insurance, and up to 35% on multi-life long term care insurance (offer extends to direct family members). For more information, please call (866) 472-3438 or click here.