Nominating Committee Reviews Declarations
The Nominating Committee has begun its work to nominate one or more LACBA members for each trustee position to be filled in the June election. It also will nominate one or more current or former trustees for each of the offices of president-elect, senior vice president, and vice president.
In addition to reviewing all declarations of intent by prospective nominees, committee members may submit additional names of LACBA members for nomination to the at-large trustee positions prior to the committee’s second meeting.
The committee consists of:
• 3 ex-officio members: President Eric A. Webber, President-Elect Richard J. Burdge Jr., Immediate Past President Alan K. Steinbrecher;
• 3 members selected by lot from those who have represented LACBA sections on the Board of Trustees during the previous four years: Roberta B. Bennett, William J. Glucksman, Deborah Crandall Saxe;
• 3 members designated by the Barristers President: Ori S. Blumenfeld, Mark A. Kressel, Naeun Rim;
• 3 members selected by lot from those who have represented the affiliated associations on the board during the previous four years: Louis R. Dienes, Tamila C. Jensen, Thom H. Peters;
• 7 trustees-at-large selected by lot from those who have served on the board during the previous four years: P. Patrick Ashouri, Tanja L. Darrow, David C. Eisman, Jacqueline J. Harding, Harumi Hata, Danette E. Meyers, Ann I. Park.
The committee must complete its work by April 16.
Nomination by the Nominating Committee is not the only way for a member’s name to be placed on the annual ballot for a trustee or officer position. An eligible member may run for the board of trustees upon filing with the executive director a written nomination signed by at least 25 members. Any current or former trustee may run for the offices of president-elect, senior vice president or vice president upon filing with the executive director a written nomination signed by at least 25 members. Nomination forms are available at the LACBA offices.
• April 16, 2012: Selection of nominees
• April 30, 2012: Members’ submission of written nominations to run for trustee and officer positions by 5:00 p.m.
• May 7, 2012: Candidates’ statements submitted to the Executive Director by 5:00 p.m.
• May 30, 2012: Ballots distributed
• June 21, 2012: Election