Nominating Committee Reviews Declarations
In addition to reviewing all declarations of intent by prospective nominees, committee members may submit additional names of Association members for nomination to the at-large trustee positions prior to the committee’s second meeting.
The committee consists of:
• 3 ex-officio members: President Alan K. Steinbrecher, President-Elect Eric A. Webber, Immediate Past President Don Mike Anthony;
• 3 members selected by lot from those who have represented Association sections on the Board of Trustees during the previous four years: James I. Ham, Richard A. Lewis, Julie K. Xanders;
• 3 members designated by the Barristers President: Andrew Sundeep Dhadwal, Sarah E. Luppen, Alison M. Pear;
• 3 members selected by lot from those who have represented the affiliated associations on the board during the previous four years: Marrian S. Chang, Thomas J. Daly, Sajan Kashyap;
• 7 trustees-at-large selected by lot from those who have served on the board during the previous four years: Duncan W. Crabtree-Ireland, Ira M. Friedman, Philip H. Lam, Gretchen M. Nelson, Susan E. Reardon, Margaret P. Stevens, John D. Vandevelde.
The committee must complete its work by April 15.
Nomination by the Nominating Committee is not the only way for a member’s name to be placed on the annual ballot for a trustee or officer position. An eligible member may run for the board of trustees upon filing with the executive director a written nomination signed by at least 25 members. Any current or former trustee may run for the offices of president-elect, senior vice president or vice president upon filing with the executive director a written nomination signed by at least 25 members. Nomination forms are available at the Association offices.
• April 15, 2011: Selection of nominees
• May 2, 2011: Members’ submission of written nominations to run for trustee and officer positions by 5:00 p.m.
• May 5, 2011: Candidates’ statements submitted to the Executive Director by 5:00 p.m.
• May 31, 2011: Ballots distributed
• June 21, 2011: Election