View a five-minute demo on Judge in a Flash.
Buy an annual subscription to Judge in a Flash —your best source for detailed, on-the-fly information about judges in Los Angeles Superior Court. The unique and proprietary information on Judges comes to you on a flash drive from LACBA.
Please click in the box below to purchase the flash drive for JIF.
*Plus $5 Shipping
WHAT IT IS
The LACBA Judge in a Flash (JIF) is your best source for detailed, on-the-fly information about judges in Los Angeles Superior Court. It is powered by LACBA's Searchable Superior Court Civil Register, another exclusive, LACBA product, and your best source for obtaining detailed information about the court.
HOW IT WORKS
JIF is a special tool built into a standard USB flash drive. Simply insert your JIF flash drive into a computer with a USB port and an Internet connection. Within seconds you can access four unique features to analyze how a judge manages cases:
- Enter a single judge name and get a statistical chart on selected case activity since 1997.
- Enter up to three judge names, and get that statistical chart comparing case activity for all three judges.
- Click on any of the 21 activity categories in a judge's chart, and instantly the most recent five cases for that category display, including the attorneys and parties that recently appeared in front of that judge for that category.
- Click on any of those five most recent cases, and immediately jump to the LA Superior Court's Web site display of that particular Case Summary, showing all attorneys and parties involved, documents filed, and proceedings held in that case according to Court records.
This information is updated at least weekly, so it is always current.
*Plus $5 Shipping
JIF information includes:
What people say about the JIF?
- Peremptory challenges filed against this judge.
- Demurrers sustained with or without leave to amend.
- Motions for summary judgment granted or denied.
- Days spent in trial.
- Attorneys' fees awarded.
- Injunctions granted or denied.
- Motions for new trials granted or denied.
- Class actions certified.
- Arbitration awards vacated.
- Continuances granted or denied.
- At last, you now have easy access to factual data that compares the critical rulings of over 400 judges in graphical charts.
- For judicial profiles, you can pay a fortune, or you can pay $75 for unique, factual data that compares the critical rulings of the judges in Los Angeles County.
- JIF delivers a competitive advantage to you. This is data that the judges themselves do not have access to unless they also have purchased it.
- No serious civil litigator should be without this inexpensive key to inside information. When combined with traditional, detailed analysis of judge profiles, it can fill in the critical missing pieces to managing your court case.
- At $75, a perfect inexpensive, yet valued gift.
- Fun in its own right, it is also useful and can save your proverbial butt when you are traveling and need some real intelligence on the fly.
- Not a total profile of a judge, but a darn good number cruncher, and it's available anywhere you can connect to the Internet.
- Facts, not just attorney opinion.
- Your client asks, "With this judge, is it worth it to file a Summary Judgment Motion?" Part of that analysis should include reviewing the statistics for your judge of:
- 1) How many Summary Judgments denied.
- 2) How many Summary Judgments granted.
- How about demurrers? Find out how many demurrers denied without prejudice to re-file. Compared with how many denied with prejudice.
- Information I can really use, such as days of trial? If you are choosing between judges, or seeking a statistical profile of a judge 's activity: have they spent a lot of days in trial, or are you likely to get sent to some other courtroom? Is this an experienced trial judge, or a trial newcomer?
- Judge in a Flash delivers all this and much more.
IN SUMMARY: In the Courthouse, in opposing counsel's office, or at your desk, Judge in a Flash provides you with a quick and easy access to the information you need. Just plug it in to a USB port of any computer with an Internet connection and instantly search and compare key, factual, statistical indicators for any of over 400 Superior Court Judges in LA County.
Please see JIF's frequently asked questions for more information.
*Plus $5 Shipping