31 Days of Awareness for
Domestic Violence Awareness Month
LACBA’s Domestic Violence Legal Services Project (DVP) helps thousands of Angelinos every year who are victims of domestic violence to obtain restraining orders from the Los Angeles Superior Court.
Last year alone, more than 4,200 victims came to DVP seeking help. Many were granted temporary restraining orders, which not only provide life-saving protection to victims, but also assist the LAPD and LA County Sheriff’s Department by providing another tool to deal with the numerous domestic violence calls they must handle on a daily basis. That is why police officers, sheriff’s deputies, and County hospitals regularly send victims to the courthouse and to our DVP to seek help.
In order to continue to provide them with ongoing services, we need your help.
In conjunction with Domestic Violence Awareness Month this October, we will run a social media campaign across social media entitled #LACBA_DVP #31DaysofAwareness, featuring brief stories from victims and volunteers, as well as local statistics on the domestic violence crisis in our community.
The purpose of this social media campaign is to raise awareness of DVP and the role it plays in helping victims of domestic violence obtain the legal protection they need to have an opportunity to have a safer life and to raise funds to support the ongoing work of the project. To that end, we are looking for 31 daily sponsors of the campaign at $1,000 per day.
We already have several firms and foundations on board. Would you and your firm be willing to sponsor one of our #LACBA_DVP #31DaysofAwareness campaign?
As our way of saying thank you for your support of DVP, your firm will be:
- Featured as a sponsor of one day in October during the #LACBA_DVP #31DaysofAwareness across LACBA and Counsel for Justice social media outlets
- Recognized as that day’s sponsor in Daily eBriefs (sent to more than 14,000 members, Monday through Friday only)
- Listed on the LACBA Counsel for Justice website as a campaign sponsor
- Included on a “Thank you” email sent to LACBA and Counsel for Justice members and supporters (sent to approximately 20,000)
- Featured in a campaign recap article to appear in LACBA Update, a monthly e-newsletter (sent to approximately 80,000 people)
Please click here to email us and let us know if you would like to become a $1,000 sponsor of #LACBA_DVP #31DaysofAwareness campaign.
Or click here to download and print out our sponsorship form.
Your support can literally save lives. Thank you for your support!